Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Butt Hurts

Went to my first-ever spinning class tonight. The instructor told me that my butt will hurt tomorrow. Well, it hurts now. I liked it, even if I was a little uncoordinated in the beginning. I can see how it can be addicting. During "sprints" the guy next to me was going so fast! I've never seen anyone's legs move that fast. To quote Chandler from "Friends": "His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

I've been keeping a fairly regular workout schedule the last couple of weeks, between my personal trainer visits, other sessions at the gym and the treadmill at home. (No running outside for me, I live in Chicago! Yes, land of Blagojevich.) Goal is to get in shape, lose the extra pounds and get strong for Chicago Marathon '09.

While he doesn't need to lose weight, I've been getting on Mike's case to work out because if he works out, I'm more likely to work out. If he's not, I'm likely to make excuses.

Special note to my blogging friends: I know I've been terrible about posting AND commenting on your blogs lately. I will get back to it soon. Between the holidays and spending more time at the gym I haven't been on the computer much. When I have been on the computer, I've been researching info for a summer Disney trip. (If anyone's been to the Grand Floridian, would love to hear your reviews.)

Ok, gotta go address some holiday cards. In the spirit of the holidays, I leave you with this. Thanks to Mary Ellen for sending it my way. (Be sure to pause my playlist on the bottom left.)


3 comments:

Kai said...

It sucks here - my motivation is totally sapped from the cold and the dark! Those spinning classes will totally get your legs for spring running, and just think, all that butt pain will translate into a gorgeous booty later!

Anonymous said...

I've heard about the spinning classes, my brother in law does them too, and loves them. I wish they offered classes at my gym (it's no frills, can you tell?!)

Don't apologize, you are a mom, a wife, a full-time employee, and that alone makes three jobs. We don't expectyou to always be caught up on our blogging lives!

Marathonman101108 said...

I suddenly realized that I've been neglecting to read and comment on your blog...so what happens? I see your latest blog is about your butt hurting! So, my response at this time will be "No comment!" :-)