Saturday, July 11, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
- My weight loss efforts continue, and I'm down 7 pounds since January 1. I had really hoped to be down 10 by now, but such is life.
- I've run here and there, sometimes not because of a sore throat/cold that refused to go away, sometimes because of too busy with work, sometimes because effin' plantar fasciitis is back again.
- I'm officially signed up for Chicago 2009! Also signed up for the Chicago Police Foundation's Run to Remember, the Soldier Field 10 Mile and the 13.1 Chicago.
- I've become addicted to Facebook and must stop. It's been good to keep up with Jill, Chris and Karin via Facebook, but I also have to get back to reading blogs.
- Facebook has been good because I've been able to reconnect with some long-lost friends, including my college roommate. Fifteen years later and we find out that we're both running Chicago!
Not an exciting return to the blogging world, I know, but for now I must get back to the parts of my life that do not require a laptop. Be back soon!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
- I developed a Half Marathon training schedule for Mike and me, based on Hal Higdon's novice plan. The first Half Marathon in Chicago is in early June, so I stretched the schedule out to get a good base going.
- Ran 2 miles on Friday, took Saturday off when some familiar foot pain crept up (Are you effin' kidding me?) and ran 3 miles today (plus some upper body strength training). Mike has not run yet due to a conveniently-timed head cold. Of course, he hasn't signed up for the Half either, but I think I'm close to convincing him.
- Bought Bob Harper's new book and armed with Bob's food list, bought some of this, this and some other good-for-you things I don't feel like looking up links for. :)
- Bought a food diary to record every morsel that goes in my mouth.
- Taped two horrendous photos of me (no, I won't be posting those) from Christmas into the inside of my food diary, as well as this photo of the swimsuit I'll be wearing (and not embarrassingly so) during our June vacation.
- Oh yes, committed to myself and everyone that I talk to that I'm going to lose 40 by the Fourth, or 40 pounds by July 4th. Even posted a handy little tally on the right. Mike asked if I really want to "go public" with the 40 pound goal on my blog but the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right? For my family and friends who've said that there's no way I need to lose 40 pounds . . .well first, Bless You! and rest assured I'm not turning into an Olsen twin. Forty pounds is still well within a healthy BMI for me.
- Meeting with a nutrionist later this month.
- Have three more sessions with my personal trainer.
- Weighing in for our next round of the Biggest Loser contest at work on Monday. (the first one didn't work so well, at least for me.)
- Taking my latest obsession with The Biggest Loser one step further and signing up friends and family for an email, honor system version of the Biggest Loser contest. (Yes, I will have two Biggest Loser contests going at once. . . .accountability is key for me.) Thank you Cheryl, Lori and Dad for signing up! Want to join? Let me know if the comments section by Wednesday (1/7) and I'll email you the info.
You're probably thinking, obsess much? I know I tend to go all out on these, but for me, if I'm going to stick to anything I need to completely immerse myself or I tend to lose focus.
I'm looking forward to arriving at the Chicago '09 start line much lighter than I am now!
*For the male readers that came back to my blog without getting distracted by the Victoria's Secret link, thank you!