Sunday, April 6, 2008

Status Update

A few updates:

1) Thank you to my friend and mile sponsor Anita for her donation to the American Cancer Society. I'm over the $500 mark now . . . please keep those donations coming, $2,500 to go!

2) Jenny Craig meals are better than I expected, but limited to 1200 calories a day sucks more than I expected. My friend (and JC inspiration Marina) asked me how I was doing the other day and I said "Hungry." Been sticking to the plan for the last four days with the exception of a Portillo's run at lunch today. I ordered the chicken sandwich instead of two chili dogs with cheese or instead of a cheeseburger with everything, so I'm still calling it a minor victory. Ok, I stole a few fries from the kids' plates, but still doing much better than my usual eating activity.

3) Training plan as I prepare for the Soldier Field 10 Mile on May 24:
This week: 3 miles, 4 miles, 3 miles, 5 miles
Week 2: 3, 4, 3, 5
Week 3: 3, 4, 3, 6
Week 4: 3, 4, 3, 7
Week 5: 3, 5, 3, 8
Week 6: 3, 5, 3, 10
Week 7: 3, 5, 3, Soldier Field 10

Training plan is based on the Non-Runner's Guide to Marathon Training, which I used last year to train for the Chicago Marathon.

Just realized that the Half Marathon I'm signed up for is a mere three weeks after the Soldier Field 10, but I'll just keep the training plan since I'll already be at 10 miles.

Just need to stick to the schedule, stick to the schedule, stick to the schedule.

No comments: