Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hello Again


Been awhile since I've posted. Crazy busy at work, so instead of blogging and reading other blogs after the kids are in bed, I've been on work email. So, a couple of updates:

Down 4.6 pounds my first week at Jenny Craig. Not bad.

Been running, although not as much as I would like (of course) Last run was a lot better than the miserable 3 miler I had time before that.

Somehow spent $60 on sushi tonight. Yes, $60. I realize sushi isn't a cheap dinner but geez, this wasn't even a dinner out with friends. Between the cell phone connection and my 6 year old begging for a Happy Meal and the waitress' heavy accent and trying not to get in an accident on the road, I ordered the wrong thing and ended up with $60 worth of sushi. For one.

I'm not sure which will come first . . . Mike checking the bank account online and noticing that I spent $60 on sushi . . .or Mike checking this blog entry and reading that I spent $60 on sushi. Or, there's always my sister-in-law reading this blog entry and calling Mike to tell him I spent $60 on sushi. This is the same sister-in-law who told Mike what a haircut and highlights at Mario Tricocci really cost. Thanks.

No, sushi isn't on the Jenny Craig menu. Shut up.

In running news, Mike and I are both participating in the Shave Your 5k Challenge, hosted by Half-Fast. The basic idea is to see who can shave the most time off their 5K time during 2008, so everyone will run a 5K at the beginning of the year and another one at the end of the year. The winner is the person that shows the greatest improvement. My strategy was to run incredibly slow up and down the hills of Lake Geneva so my time can only improve. Brilliant, don't you think?

Congrats to Mike on his Best Blog of the Day Award!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Actually it was 63.50 on sushi. :) And I didn't buy a $12 dollar steak the other night because it was too expensive...

bluegame said...

JENN,
I SWEAR I NEVER SAID A WORD!HONEST!