Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Beginning of the Blog

Welcome to the trials and tribulations of my second first marathon experience and my first blog. Although I've read several blogs I've never created one before . . .unless you count my online diary for the 2007 Children's Memorial Marathon Team but I don't know that that counts. Why a blog? Well, it's the day after Christmas and I'm in the office because I don't have any vacation days left and I'm finding it hard to concentrate so why not create a little blog? (Note to my boss: I'm not spending a lot of time creating this blog, just a few minutes during my lunch break :) )

After opening several running-related gifts over the past few days (Thanks Mom & Dad, Lori and John & Wendy) I'm getting motivated for my second first marathon, or the 2008 Chicago Marathon. As some of you reading may know, I participated in the infamous 2007 Chicago Marathon and made it to mile 16 before the race was called due to excessive heat. So, here I am. Still working to complete a marathon before I turn 40. As my sister Jeanine says, we're not going to train like assholes this time around, so first order of business after work is to buy the Runners' World Nutrition Guide. (I've been eating in a VERY unhealthy fashion these last several days, weeks . . .ok, months.)

Need to get productive at work, so I will conclude my first blog posting with my goals:
1) Finish the 2008 Chicago Marathon
2) Avoid Training Like An Asshole (per Jeanine)
3) Annoy my brother-in-law John enough so he donates at least a full $1 per mile (total $26) for my Children's Memorial fundraising effort this time around. (Sorry John, it needed to be said.)

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best in your training and your Chicago '08 run! Look forward to hearing about your progress!

Sam (simonssez from RWBF)

Unknown said...

I too am running my first Marathon in Chicago 2008. Best of luck with your training!