Um, yeah, so I didn't run last night. Too lazy, too much wine, too much ice cream over the weekend. Not exactly the runner's diet.
I am committed to getting back in the game and running tonight. Honestly, seriously, truthfully I am. Some inspiration for me:
1) I'm listening to my running playlist while at work. (I also made Mike listen to it in the car yesterday to motivate me to run last night, but hoping it works this time.)
2) I watched the trailer to "The Spirit of the Marathon" which is playing for one night only on January 24. Thanks Kim for sending. Very inspiring.
3) Last night I started reading Ultramarathon Man, Confessions of an All-Night Runner. While I will never ever attempt to run an ultra-marathon, I find Dean Karnazes' story fascinating.
4) If UPS tracking is accurate, my Chicago Marathon fleece jacket and training tee should be arriving today or Wednesday. At 75 percent off, you can't beat it! (Kinda feel sorry for the folks who spent $125 for the commemorative jacket at the Expo in October.)
5) Chicago Shamrock Shuffle sign up opens up tomorrow.
Change of Pace (and Title)
3 years ago