Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Getting Back into the Game . . .Slowly

Started off 2008 with a 2 mile run on the treadmill. The first 5 - 6 minutes were not fun! Could be that I'm a bit under the weather today too, but more likely because I haven't run in over a month.

Preparing for the treadmill run was not exactly smooth. I noticed with despair that my running clothes did not fit quite as well as they did a couple of months back. Definitely packed on a few holiday pounds. Then, I could not find my little Nike + connector thingy for the iPod. Damn! I really need to get organized.

Searched high and low and still haven't come up with it. I'm really hooked on the Nike + for running, so need to find it or get another one before I start running outside again.

Mike and I signed up for the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle. Thankfully, my parents agreed to walk the 5k portion and take care of the kids. Shuffle web site says goodie bag includes long sleeve tech shirt; pretty impressive!

3 comments:

Stuart said...

My Nike+ dohickey has a tractor beam for my 3 y/o's pocket!

I'll check to make sure he hasn't expanded his area of collection!

Mike said...

So, are you dropping a hint here? :)

bluegame said...

Jenn,
Do you want me to walk with your parents to make sure they are ok?