Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back on Track

I hit a milestone last night, I hit the 26.3 mile mark - - that's more than a marathon. Okay, so it was over a three month time span, so let's call it a progressive marathon.

Some of the avid runners visiting from the runnersworld.com discussion boards may scoff at my inconsistency, but let's remember that I never proclaimed to be Dean Karnazes. I admire him, yes, but I never proclaimed to be him.

The point is, I feel like I'm turning a corner on the consistency scale. I ran last night. I didn't feel like running on the treadmill at 9:30 last night, but I did it. One run does not equal consistency you say? Well, yes, I see your point, but I feel it in my (aching) bones. Pressure does that sort of thing to you, the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle is in less than two weeks.

I did find it amusing that my husband (and fellow Shamrock Shuffle participant) was telling me I'd better get moving as I slowly put my running shoes on. Amusing because he was sitting on the couch eating a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and telling me to get moving. Now that I think of it, I was just jealous because I wanted to eat the brownie.

I'm going to run again tonight (unfortunately on the treadmill again) but there's a thing about being a mom to a six year old and a three year old, you can't leave them home by themselves while you go running outside. Mike is sleeping after an overnight shift, so technically someone is home with them, but I know that four minutes after I leave the house they would be in our room jumping on the bed. And a tired, cranky husband with two and a half hours of sleep does not make for a harmonious marriage.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Me, cranky? Never I say!