Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Guess What? I Ran!

Okay, so it was only 3 miles on the treadmill last night, but still, I ran.

The run actually went much better than I expected (Sorry Chris and Terri) but again, it was on the treadmill, so I didn't have hills or pavement pounding to deal with.

Even though I had to force myself to get on the treadmill last night with tired legs, I felt good and realized I missed running. I was able to keep my breathing and mind focused and daydream about how I wished I could sing like a Wilson sister (or sing at all for that matter).

My schedule for the remainder of the week: 3 miles tonight, 4 miles on Friday, 5 miles on Sunday.

I do need to learn not to hop on the scale the morning after one little run and expect to be down 5 pounds.

Thank you to my brother and sister-in-law Mark and Nancie for their donation to the American Cancer Society!

Favorite Running Song of the Day:
"Hot N Cold" Katy Perry

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Jenn... I am not sure why I haven't read your blog before, but I found it now and added it to my Google reader. Congrats on getting on the treadmill and getting some miles done. Good luck the rest of the week. I am sure you'll get your runs in.

Btw... I am another mom who LOOKS like she has her $h!t together but secretly has baskets and baskets of laundry stashed out of view. Well, right now it is all over my couch.

Lisa said...

Oh man... I am sorry. I thought I put enough $@! characters to cammoflage the swear word, but re-reading my comment it is pretty obvious. If you have a 6-year-old who looks over your shoulder, that might be bad. Sorry. Feel free to edit.

Jenn said...

Hi Lisa - Thanks for stopping by. I just made a quick visit to your (running) blog and not sure how I haven't found my way there yet either! Glad I'm not the only one with the laundry problem. Last time we were caught up was January 22, 2002. Yes, I know the date because my mother-in-law was over doing laundry for us for two days when we brought our newborn son home.