Why do I sabotage myself? No really, I'm asking, why? Consider the facts:
- The Marathon is less than 100 days away.
- I've known for awhile that I'm scheduled to run seven miles today.
(Note: Mike worked today starting at 6 a.m. so unless I wanted to leave a 6 year old in charge, morning run wasn't in the cards for me.)
- I've been drinking sugar-free Red Bull (not water) pretty much all day.
- I wore the crappiest, no support shoes today, despite my PF issues.
(In my defense, I did insert arch supports.)
- Even with a long run on the agenda for tonight, I had sushi for dinner. Sushi. With a lot of soy sauce that is making me extra thirsty. Oh, did I mention that I had the Tornado Sunrise? Yes, it's very spicy. And it feels like a tornado in my stomach right now.
- Yelling at myself via this blogpost won't do much for the mental stability needed for seven miles. On the freakin' treadmill.
- After sushi, I had ice cream. Chocolate chip cookie dough. Ben & Jerry's. It was the tiny three ounce version, but still.
- I didn't do one bit of laundry this weekend so the only running shorts I have clean are the ones I wore for Chicago '07. Yeah, they don't fit so well right now.
- No clean laundry means a snowball chance in hell of finding a matching pair of clean running socks in the massive Pile-O-Socks. I came close to wearing my son's Spiderman socks before I got lucky and found a pair.
So I'm drinking water like I'm cramming for a college exam right now and working to psych myself up for the treadmill.
Stupid, stupid girl.
Change of Pace (and Title)
2 years ago